Congratulations to BHS and THS for once again earning Bronze medals in the ranking of Best High Schools according to U.S. News and World Report!
Title II, Part D EETT
Welcome to Gilchrist County School District's EETT Competitive Project Page!
The "Charting a Course for the Digital Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Classroom (STEM)" initiative is designed to address specific instructional, training, planning, and technology resource needs. Projects funded through this competition will:
(1) ensure student development of critical thinking skills through alignment of technology-supported instructional activities with Next Generation Sunshine State Standards (http://www.fldoe.org/bii/curriculum/SSS/);
(2) expand intensive teacher technology integration professional development through the
Florida Digital Educator program (http://etc.usf.edu/fde/);
(3) strengthen student content and digital literacy through challenging, engaging, and collaborative learning activities with a focus on science;
(4) extend learning beyond the classroom day through increased student use of laptops and mobile personal learning devices;
(5) expand teacher and administrator EETT program involvement in schools serving especially challenging student populations;
(6) assist Florida school districts in preparing for computer-based assessments; and
(7) support implementation of Florida’s Technology Plan (http://www.floridatechplan.org/).